Thursday, October 23, 2008

LabVIEW Tutorial - Tips and tricks I did not find elsewhere...

Greetings!

I'm sure you are in love with LabVIEW as I'm since using it for the first time in 2001. LabVIEW developers and consultants from all around the world have contributed with LabVIEW examples, tutorials, excerpts from their LabVIEW development, express VI and a host of other resources to the web. And the free LabVIEW Support & Help from National Instruments and their online forum is superb. Then why another blog on LabVIEW training?

The reason is, while I used the examples from other LabVIEW programmers & support from LabVIEW forum, there are certain things I learnt myself while faced with specific LabVIEW programming tasks. And I just thought it would be great to post it here so that other developers like you do not have to spend the time I did.

Also, I'm posting here a very simple LabVIEW tutorial that requires no programming background. Something that a 7th grader can understand and jumpstart with LabVIEW...

And yes, it goes without saying, I'll appreciate your comments and feed-back of your own LabVIEW programming experience. Feel free to contact me! Let us share our knowledge for mutual benefit.

9 comments:

  1. Hi Aniket,

    I'm going to use LabVIEW for machining forces data acquisition. I'm alien to this software. Hope you can help me on this. Do you have any samples or tutorials that I can look at so that I can program the LabVIEW software. Thanks.

    Azwan (azwaniskandar@unimap.edu.my)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have some samples of force data acquisition using some NI high speed carrier. I've mailed you those, Hope they help you out or let me know if u have any doubts.

    LabVIEW is simple, intuitive and fun. You won't be an alien for long, i'm sure

    ReplyDelete
  3. im new to LABVIEW.i need some manuals and materials.pls help.mail to jackkct@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Sir,
    I am very much new to the labview software.Presently i am working on Microcontrollers and interested in learning Labview software.Can I use Labview software for Microcontrollers??Do u have any tutorial or examples for the same.Kindly mail me some examples so that I can learn the software faster.

    Regards,
    Rajesh
    ( rajesh.mahapatra2595@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah! u can use in microcontrollers and FPGAs too.
    u can even convert your text based code in to labview graphical coding. to know much about it try labview help files from "NI". learning through help files is the optimized way of learning LABVIEW.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey
    :) probably i'm nt the 1st one and not the last one who asks u for help , i'd like to thank u 1st coz it's intresting that many ppl shares the knowledge they have while others prefers to keep it for themselves .
    anyway ,i kno how to use lab view blocks but the main issue is that i need more knowlegde of lab view for my graduation project , which is an data acquired signals for the purpose of analysis of the sound of lungs ,
    incase of u have some tutorials or something that can be usefull , i'd be thankfull if u send them
    many points i need to learn , but the major one is that the idea of transforming a block diagram from a LABview into a Signal express version ,
    incase u have tutorials for that , i'd be thankfull if u send some of them to my mail
    (falojito@aim.com)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi,

    Thanks! I was travelling and didn't realise that I forgot to reply you.

    There are some basic and advanced VIs I have and I'm mailing you those. They r well documented so u can just mouse-over and learn about sound analysis in general. As for lungs, if u have specific questions (considering that u r still requiring it!) just reply.

    Best,
    Aniket

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Aniket, I just stumbled upon your interesting blog and it is really nice to have great personality like you sharing their knowledge with others. I am planning to Labview for some real-time force acquisition in machining, but I am really at loss as to where to start. Your suggestion will be very valuable...meetkamil@gmail.com. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Abu, Thanks but I surely am not great! Anyway, let me know more details, as that will determine how much you need to understand right away to get started; I'll surely help. Mail me if you have attachments

    ReplyDelete